Location: Greater London
Sector: D2C Marketplace
Job type: Director of Operations
We are working with a disruptive D2C online start-up who are looking to hire a Global Operations Director to manage global business.
Reporting directly into the COO, you will take charge of their Global operations including end to end supply chain, management of key suppliers as well as working closely with the Customer ops team.
You'll have overall responsibility for defining and delivering on the operational strategy to enable their 3 year vision.
Things you will be involved with:-
- Overall budget responsibility covering stock, inventory, headcount-all of which is expected to double in the next 12 months,
- Identify and lead on initiatives to drive financial and operational performance improvement.
- Developing strategic supply chain partnerships as well as managing crucial vendor relationships.
- Data. You must be able to (and enjoy) using data to drive decision making in the business.
What you will need to have:-
It's safe to say you'll have worked in an operational environment previously and will have had exposure to and been part of rapidly scaling a business. Experience in food or other perishable products would be a distinct advantage.
You'll also need to show:-
- The ability to shift from strategic though to actually "getting stuff done"
- An agile approach, things change in start-ups, you need to be able to adapt and react.
- Management experience. You will be tasked with building and growing a team.