Location: Greater London
Sector: Start-up Investment Business
Job type: Portfolio Operations Manager
We are working with a the start-up division of an established European Investment business who are looking to grow their London office and add an Investment Manager to the team.
This is the ideal role for anybody looking to take a step out of consulting and into the investment world and will offer high levels of responsibility for the outset.
What you'll be doing:-
The Investment Manager will be tasked with acting as a member of a number of companies and will develop these together with the board chairman, Senior Investment Manager and Investment Director
Responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring that they are operating efficiently and trouble-shooting any problems.
- Providing regular strategic advice and reporting on portfolio performance with both a financial and organisational viewpoint.
- Work actively to support companies (MD and head of finance) in day-to-day matters.
- Identifying any areas for improvement or growth.
- Responsible for driving forward and implementing company-specific projects, central processes and routines in the companies.
- Keeping abreast of any changing market conditions or potential bolt on business to supplement their growth.
- General company and board administration as required.
This role will offer a huge amount of responsibility from the outset and will be an early joiner to the London team so opportunities for progression couldn’t be better.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have
- 5-10 years of experience in strategy consulting.
- Exposure to the industrials sector would be beneficial.
- Hands on experience working within a range of different industries and managing multiple stakeholders.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, hard worker and character, someone who can liaise with entrepreneurial business owners/sellers
- Candidates must have worked in the UK for the majority of their careers, so they have a good understanding of the UK SME market and culture