We’re looking for a purpose-led Consultant to join our flexible executive hiring solution, JBM SOS – a Scaleup for Scaleups, placing diverse talent in Growth, Strategy & Ops and People & Talent roles across some of the world’s fastest growing Tech Startups and Scaleups (e.g. Ankorstore, Pacaso, Easol, Zoomo, etc.) and top tier VC’s (e.g. Northzone, Sequoia, Index Ventures, etc.).
Who we are:
We are JBM, an award winning search firm that places executive talent and future leaders into high growth Startups & Scaleups and world class VC firms.
We’re on a mission to disrupt the traditional recruitment model, by replacing it with an authentic, human and invested approach. We think like a Startup and act like a sports team, combining high EQ and IQ to drive excellence through every interaction. We pride ourselves on adding value and always innovating, that’s why we created the 40 Minute Mentor podcast and our video series’ for aspiring COO’s and Chief of Staff’s.
Sceptical? We get it….everyone talks a good game in recruitment but we like to walk the walk, so don’t just take it from us, check out what our clients and candidates have to say about working with us and you can see what the JBM team think here.
Seeing the demand and the need, in late 2020 we launched our flexible, on-demand talent solution called JBM SOS which is fast becoming our most popular service. While SOS started as a response to scaling businesses seeking the best executive talent at a rate much faster and flexible than the market provides, we have evolved alongside our clients to fully service their needs by offering a full range of placements from interim exec, to advisory, to fractional leaders. In 12 months, we’ve built a fantastic team and Advisory Board and delivered over 50 assignments, 3x’ing our revenue targets. Our goals for 22/23 are ambitious, reflecting our belief in what SOS will be in the market – we intend to grow 25% YOY by offering a full range of employment options to leading scale-ups and continuing to build our community of operators from top companies.
Just like the growth of JBM, SOS’ has been powered by word of mouth, with all our clients being sourced through referrals and we pride ourselves on the fantastic relationships we’ve been able to build with our candidates, clients and the wider SOS community.
3x growth in a year is amazing, but we’re not getting comfortable – we have very ambitious goals and targets for this year! The demand for SOS is huge and so is the opportunity, that’s why we are looking to bring in a high calibre talent professional to help us take SOS to the next level…there couldn’t be a better time to join our team in this critical role. This individual will work with our SOS GM to make SOS the leading Scaleup solution for critical hiring needs.
Responsibilities would include:
● Building amazing talent pools of Ops, Strategy, & Growth (both B2B and B2C) candidates within the tech ecosystem
● Delighting our clients and candidates with 10* customer service and expertly managing processes end to end
● Working in close partnership with Scaleup Founders / CxO level executives and VC Investors as a trusted partner and thought leader
● Winning new Scaleup clients, primarily from networking and converting candidates into clients – we don’t do cold calling or have BD targets!
● Building your own personal brand on LinkedIn and supporting wider JBM marketing efforts
● Collaborating closely with JBM colleagues to cross sell, solve problems and have fun!
The ideal candidate will have the below experience and characteristics:
● Minimum 18 months experience in a talent role (Interim experience is a nice to have)
● A proven track-record of recruiting for Tech Startup or Scaleup clients & a keen interest in Tech
● Experience of client account management and strong commercial acumen
● An ability to build rapport quickly and develop strong relationships with clients and candidates
● A proactive self starter who loves a challenge and is comfortable working at Startup pace
● A sunny disposition, bags of ambition and a strong alignment to our mission to change hearts and minds about recruitment
We believe this is a fantastic opportunity for a recruiter who may be frustrated working for a more transactional recruitment firm and wants to accelerate their career in a dynamic setting.
You’ll be given responsibility and trust from day one and access to a very hot desk with a clear progression path. You’ll also have the chance to get involved with all aspects of JBM life from socials to events, marketing and hiring.
We want ‘owners’ not ‘renters’ who really buy into our values and who will play a key role in scaling our business over the next few years and in return, JBM offer a generous profit share to reward collaboration and commitment.
We also want you to be happy to come to work every day and to feel like you’re constantly learning, developing and playing an integral role in shaping the future of JBM.
We also provide the following:
● Competitive salary (up to £35k), commission and rewards structure, including our biannual company profit share bonus (eligible after 6 months)
● Flexible working: we are a remote first company with an office off Bermondsey St, London Bridge
● Pension (5% employee contribution, 3% JBM contribution via NEST)
● £50 per month benefits allowance
● £500 L&D budget per year
● A Macbook Pro
● Unlimited leave
● 4 wellness days a year
● Access to Spill (mental health support)
● Free lunch on Thursdays
● Dedicated mentorship from an industry leader and regular exposure to our board of advisors (who include a Scaleup leader and award-winning Entrepreneur)
● Fun monthly and quarterly socials and a company-wide summer retreat (with plus 1’s)
So, if this sounds like a bit of you then we would love to hear from you!