JBM SOS – our on-demand talent solution, has gone from strength to strength since 2020 and we’re now looking for a brand new JBMer to join us on our mission to disrupt the traditional recruitment model.
We think like a Startup and act like a sports team – combining high EQ and IQ to drive excellence through every interaction.
Sceptical? We get it….everyone talks a good game in recruitment but we like to walk the walk, so don’t just take it from us, check out what our clients and candidates have to say about working with us and you can see what the JBM team think in the video at the bottom of this page.
Like the sound of this so far? Continue reading to learn more about his exciting role:
Head of Community:
Despite the pandemic, our team have been really busy and have achieved some great milestones in the past 12 months, including:
- Won 50+ new clients and placed talent into high growth firms like Ankorstore, Weezy, Elliptic, Snug, etc.
- Launched JBM SOS, which has involved building a community of 250+ Scaleup operators, securing a world class board and delivering 50+ engagements/projects
- Grown our JBM LinkedIn followers to over 15k
- Hired 4 new JBMers to the team
- Launched Series 5 and 6 of 40 Minute Mentor with 100k+ downloads and featured in Apple Top lists
- Our Founder, James, featured as a guest on the Slo Mo and Solo Collective podcasts, sharing JBM’s philosophy
- We recorded a number of webinars & Fireside chats
- We won Small Business of the Year at the Social Mobility Awards
- And we’re on track for our best year ever growing revenues 100% YOY and we’re really just getting started….
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic Head of Community to join our fast growing JBM SOS team. This newly created role will grow and manage our SOS community of Scaleup Operators as well as strengthen our relationships with our VC and Scaleup clients/communities. This will involve:
- Building and maintaining pools of potential interim operators for CxO and VP level roles
- Developing effective communication channels/forums to ensure community members are aware of opportunities e.g. CRM, LinkedIn/WhatsApp members only groups, etc.
- Creating and driving overall brand marketing for SOS through social channels to drive awareness to join
- Creating and implementing successful strategies to boost community engagement
- Project managing high quality events (remote & in person) for the SOS community
- Supporting and strengthening existing partnerships with our clients
- Supporting with successfully matching the community with opportunities
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in exec search or a marketing, events or community role in a Scaleup
- Interest in and knowledge of the UK Startup and Scaleup ecosystem
- Experience with community management
- Interest/aptitude in brand marketing
- Ability to build strong rapport and act as a trusted advisor to CxO level contacts
- A low ego team player with an entrepreneurial nature and a positive, can-do disposition
- Networks with VC’s and/or Tech Founders (useful not essential)
We believe this is a fantastic opportunity to have a massive impact in the fastest growing business unit in JBM.
You’ll be given extensive responsibility and trust from day one and a clear progression path. You’ll also have the chance to get involved with all aspects of JBM life from socials to events, marketing and hiring. No day is the same at JBM!
We want you to be happy to come to work every day and to feel like you’re constantly learning, developing and playing an integral role in shaping the future of our business. And most importantly we want you to work to live, not the other way around, so we believe in giving our team the freedom to choose how, when and where they work. Whether that’s in the office, from a beach in Spain or a mix of the two – it’s up to you!
We also provide the following:
- Competitive salary and rewards structure, including our biannual company profit share bonus (eligible after 6 months)
- Flexible working: we’re a remote first company with an office off Bermondsey St, London Bridge
- Pension (5% employee contribution, 3% JBM contribution via NEST)
- £500 L&D budget per year
- Unlimited leave
- 4 wellness days a year
- Access to Spill (mental health support)
- Free lunch Tuesday & Thursday
- Dedicated mentorship from an industry leader and regular exposure to our board of advisors (who include a Scaleup leader and award-winning entrepreneur)
- Fun monthly and quarterly socials and a company-wide summer retreat (with plus 1s)
But don’t just listen to us, hear directly from the team below:
If this sounds like a bit of you, please send your application and any questions you may have to ku.oc.cmbj@ofni